Create Your Own Blog
We thought it would be fun to open up a free blog here at TopChef.com. Are you blogging about Top Chef and other reality cooking shows like The next Iron Chef, TopChef Masters and Hell’s Kitchen? TopChef.com has opened the blog section and welcomes you to participate.
Top Chef Season 11
Season 11 of TopChef is underway. Are you following the show and would like to comment or have your own Top Chef Blog, sign up here to create your own food Blog. It is free and you have no obligations except keep your blog going,
Remote blogging capability, You can blog via xmlrpc to submit blogs from a remote application such as Windows Live Writer, ScribeFire and MarsEdit. Extensive Media Manager, Compose Now, Edit Later...... READ MORE Sign Up HERE
This saffron chicken recipe is a great dish to make for a special occasion. Although saffron can be expensive, it is so worth it. Serves 8
8 chicken breast fillets, diced, 0.25 teaspoon saffron powder, 2 tablespoon hot water, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika, 0.5 tablespoon ground pepper, 1 garlic clove,crushed, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 14 ounce canned tomatoes, diced, 1.25 cups arborio rice,
Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Dice chicken breasts into cubes, then place in a shallow bowl. Dissolve the saffron in the hot water and combine with the...
View Details |
The addition of shrimp makes any dish more elegant and tasty. This shrimp salad recipe is easy to make and can be doubled or tripled for larger gatherings.
Serve on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes, or on your favorite thick crusted bread for a hearty sandwic
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, 0.5 cups celery, thinly sliced, 0.5 cups mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 0.25 teaspoon onion powder, 1 pinches salt and pepper to taste,
. Parboil shrimp in a small saucepan of salted boiling water until pink.
2. Strain shrimp and rinse in very cold water.
3. In a small bowl, mix the shrimp, eggs, celery,...
A summer time favorite, add this sweet, easy, creamy topping to all your favorite desserts. Serves 10.
1 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon powdered or icing sugar,
Whip the cream with an electric mixer until semi-stiff peaks form. Mix in the vanilla extract and sugar until solid peaks form. Use as garnish on any pie or dessert.
This corn pudding recipe (also referred to as baked corn) is a classic southern comfort food. There are many variations although this recipe is simple, straightforward and above all, tasty. It is slightly sweet due to the use of creamed corn, but mostly it has been described as savory.
Corn pudding can be served year round, however it often makes an appearance at the Thanksgiving or Easter dinner table. Its great served with ribs, ham, chicken, turkey, or just about anything you want to serve different side dishes with.
This amazing baked corn recipe freezes well, but you will rarely (if ever) have leftovers to freeze.
1 can creamed corn , 1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 2 beaten eggs , 0.5 cups butter (melted) , 8 ounce container sour cream , 1 box Jiffy corn bread mix, 1 tablespoon sugar,
1. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl.
2. Bake in 9 x 13 buttered pan at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
This chicken noodle soup recipe, like chicken soup, is a classic comfort food that has many different variations ranging from Asian using rice noodles, to our own “down home” style using vermicelli or in this case, egg noodles.
Loved by so many there are numerous pieces of literature written about it. In 2006 there was a hip-hop song with a supplementary dance entitled:”Chicken Noodle Soup” released.
Why do we love chicken noodle soup so? Why do we crave it when we’re not feeling well? Though there’s a debate for its medicinal purposes, there’s no denying the smells permeating the senses is what keeps us coming back for more.
6 cups water, 2 onions (chopped), 2 carrots (grated), 2 stalks of celery (cut up), 0.25 cups chopped parsley, 1 jar chicken bouillon, 1.33 teaspoon pepper, 0.5 package egg noodles,
1. Cook chicken, cut into small pieces.
2. Add chicken and rest of ingredients except noodles and cook for one hour.
3. Add noodles and cook until noodles are done.
This recipe for sweet potato pie is comfort food at its best. Made with delicious sweet potatoes, butter, and spices; the heavenly aroma of old fashioned home cooking will fill your house as this pie bakes. This is a must have for a holiday meal or any time you want to serve good home cooking!
We have 10 more sweet potato pie recipes with different variations for even more ways to enjoy this fantastic pie.
0.25 cups butter, softened, 2 eggs, separated, 1 cups sugar, 0.75 cups evaporated milk, 1.5 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 0.5 teaspoon nutmeg, 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon, 0.25 teaspoon ginger, 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat until blended then add egg yolks and beat.
3. Stir in sweet potatoes,...
This is an easy boneless chicken recipe that calls for basic ingredients. This recipe is easy to make but packed with flavor. Serve with rice and a salad for an easy dinner. Depending on your family's preferences, you can omit the pepper flakes to avoid any hint of a spicy flavor.
4 cloves garlic, 1 pinches salt to taste, 4 boneless chicken breasts, halved, 0.5 cups water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil , 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes,
1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken pieces in oil. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
2. Crush garlic cloves and drizzle over the chicken. Turn heat to lo...
With the sweetness of honey and the spice of chili sauce, this honey chicken is the perfect blend of flavors.
Easy enough to make for any night of this week, its sure to become a family favorite
4 boneless, skinless split chicken breasts, 0.33 cups chili sauce, 3 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil , 0.5 teaspoon dried thyme,
1. Preheat grill or broiler.
2. In small bowl, whisk together chili sauce, honey, lemon juice, oil and thyme until blended.
3. Grill or broil chicken, turning...
A delicious and easy chocolate syrup you can use as a topping. Makes two cups.
9 ounce chocolate, 1 cups heavy cream, 1 tablespoon rum (dark),
Chop bittersweet chocolate and place into a medium bowl. In a small sauce pan, heat the heavy cream over medium. Bring to a rolling boil, then immediately pour over the chocolat...
This Cobb salad recipe is true to its historic roots. Cobb salad was named after its creator Bob Cobb who owned the famous restaurant, The Brown Derby, in Hollywood California. Legend has it that one night he was looking for a midnight snack, pulled whatever he had in the fridge out, various greens, tomatoes, chicken, hard-boiled eggs, avocados, and cheese. He started chopping, topped it with bacon.
Some say it could have gone unnoticed if it wasn't for Sid Grauman, the man behind the intricate Chinese Theatre, who started to request the Cobb salad. The salad and its name went down in history.
0.5 head iceberg lettuce, 0.5 bunch watercress, 1 small bunch curly endive, 0.5 head romaine lettuce, 2 tablespoon chives, minced, 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced, 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced, 6 bacon slices, cooked and diced, 1 avocado, peeled and diced, 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced, 0.5 cups Roquefort cheese, crumbled,
1. Chop lettuce, watercress, endive and romaine in very fine pieces. Mix in 1 large wide bowl or 6 individual wide shallow bowls. Add chives.
2. Arrange tomatoes, chicken, b...
Roast chicken is not only an easy dinner to make, but when you cook it with the vegetables in the same pan it's absolutely effortless.This recipe uses the wonderfully aromatic herb rosemary, along with garlic and butter to infuse the chicken and vegetables with amazing flavor.
Once you slip the chicken into the oven, your senses will be treated to the smell of rosemary wafting throughout the house as it mingles with the chicken and transforms it to an outstanding meal. Because it takes a little over two hours to roast, this is the perfect Sunday dinner...roasting slowly in the oven while you relax.
Serve with warm buttered rolls and hot apple pie with ice cream for dessert for a dinner to remember.
0.5 cups butter , 2 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed, 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, 3 garlic cloves, minced, 1 teaspoon salt, 0.5 teaspoon pepper, 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 7 pounds), 8 small red potatoes, halved, 6 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces and halved lengthwise, 2 onions, quartered,
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add rosemary, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Place chicken with breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan, tie drumsti...
This creamy chicken recipe has a delectable mixture of ranch dressing, bacon bits, teriyaki sauce and cheddar cheese. Perfect for a special dinner or any meal you want a chicken dish that tastes out of the ordinary.
2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves , 0.5 cups teriyaki basting sauce, 0.5 cups Ranch-style salad dressin, 1 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, 3 green onions, chopped, 0.5 (3 ounce) can bacon bits, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each...
Satisfaction can be found in a great egg salad recipe. There is nothing more satisfying or filling than an egg salad sandwich. Sure everyone moves away from you in the lunchroom, but secretly they all want a bite.
This recipe is your basic egg salad recipe. Everyone has their own favorite additions like olives, a slice of tomato, pickles, fresh or dried dill. Whatever yours is, throw it in and enjoy!
0.5 cups mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, 0.25 teaspoon salt, 0.25 teaspoon pepper, 6 hard-cooked eggs,chopped, 0.5 cups finely chopped celery, 1 lettuce leaves or bread,
1. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper.
2. Stir in eggs and celery. Cover and chill.
3. For each serving, spoon about 1/2 cup onto a lettuce...
This strawberry rhubarb pie recipe has a tasty strawberry rhubarb fruit filling inside a tender flaky crust. It is fabulous plain, or topped with vanilla ice cream for an indulgent dessert.
3 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca, 1.25 cups sugar, 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 2 pie crusts, 2 tablespoon butter,
1. Stir together tapioca, sugar, nutmeg and add a dash of salt.
2. Add the sugar mixture to the strawberries and rhubarb; coating well. Let stand for 15 minutes.
This homemade pumpkin pie recipe uses fresh pumpkin, which is a little more work then our classic pumpkin pie but is well worth it.
The secret ingredient in this recipe mixes perfectly with the incredible tastes of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. That ingredient is molasses! It creates a wonderfully smooth, thick filling with a richer taste. This pumpkin pie recipe is truly old-fashioned homemade goodness in every bite. We recommend you try our recipe for pie crust to complete the after dinner perfection.
1 pastry crust, 2 large eggs, 0.75 cups milk, 1.25 cups fresh pumpkin puree (instructions below), 2 tablespoon melted butter, unsalted, 0.5 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon dark molasses, 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 0.5 teaspoon ground ginger, 0.35 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 pinches pinch salt, 1 cups heavy cream, cold,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to bubble around the edges. Remove from heat.
3. Beat eggs li...
So you wish you could duplicate that wonderful, crunchy, sweet coleslaw recipe you can only get at your local KFC? With this recipe you can. It uses buttermilk, sugar and a hint of Tabasco to give it that distinct flavor.
If you don't have buttermilk on hand there is an easy substitution; add 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 cup of milk. Let stand for 5 minutes to let the acid mix with the milk before adding to recipe.
1 head cabbage, shredded, 0.25 cups sugar, 1 cups carrots, shredded, 0.5 teaspoon salt, 0.25 teaspoon pepper, 0.5 cups milk, 1 cups mayonnaise, 0.5 cups buttermilk, 0.5 teaspoon celery seed, 2 drops Tabasco sauce, 3 tablespoon dry minced onions,
1. Slice cabbage paper thin, and toss lightly with sugar and shredded carrots.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour milk over all. Cover and ref...
This blueberry cheesecake recipe combines the sweet taste of blueberries with rich cheesecake. It has a light and fluffy texture, making every bite melt in your mouth.
0.25 cups butter, melted, 1.5 cups vanilla wafer crumbs, 0.25 cups cold water, 1 envelope unflavored gelatin, 16 ounce cream cheese, softened, 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 7 ounce (1 jar) marshmallow creme, 2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh, 3 cups frozen whipped topping (thawed),
1. Combine crumbs and butter, press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Chill.
2. Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved. Gradually add the gelatin to...
Potato salad is a food that is served everywhere. It can be found on the restaurant menu, in the deli, purchased in containers at the supermarket and even homemade. We all have our favorite recipe...mom's potato salad.
This potato salad recipe is best when made the night before, allowing the flavors have time to mix and marinate.
If this isn't the recipe you need for your picnic or barbecue, we have 50 more salad recipes for you to choose from. Everything from different versions of potato salad, to fruit salads to coleslaw and salads you may have never heard of but will wow the crowd with. Go to the Salad Recipes section to get those delicious recipes!
8 medium potatoes, cooked and diced , 1.5 cups mayonnaise , 2 tablespoon cider vinegar , 2 tablespoon sugar , 1 tablespoon yellow mustard , 1 teaspoon salt , 1 teaspoon garlic powder , 0.5 teaspoon pepper, 2 celery ribs, sliced , 0.5 cups finely chopped onion , 5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped ,
. Place diced cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
2. Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic and pepper in another bowl.
3. Add this mixture to the...
This Key Lime Pie Recipe is the real deal. Using key lime juice, a tasty graham cracker crust, and a tart creamy filling; this is the best Key Lime Pie you'll ever taste.
It is absolutely delicious and is the perfect complement to summer barbecues and family get togethers. If this isn't exactly what you need, try our key lime cheese cake or other pie recipes.
1.25 cups graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar, 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk, 3 large egg yolks, 2 teaspoon grated lime zest , 0.5 cups key lime juice, 2 tablespoon granulated white sugar granulated white sugar , 1 cups heavy whipping cream,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F , placing the rack in the center of the oven.
2. To make the graham cracker crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter a...
Everyone has been talking about the health benefits of the Acai Berry, so we thought we should provide an Acai Smoothie Recipe. This is both quick to make and extremely healthy for you.
1 Acai Berry Pure Frozen - half packet, 1 cups Strawberries, fresh , 1 Banana - medium, 1 cups Milk, nonfat , 1 tablespoon Flax Seeds , 1 tablespoon Whey Protein powder, 40 ounce Dannon Light & Fit ,
To create a superb Acai Berry Smoothie, you simply need to add the ingredients to a suitable blender and activate for 30 seconds. If taken once per day, you should start t...
© 2003-2012 TopChef.com Home Community Forum Shop News Contact Us Site Map Login
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with TopChef.com. By using or accessing TopChef.com, you agree to this Statement.
1. Sharing Your Content and Information TopChef.com owns all of the content and information you post on TopChef.com but you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition: 1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with TopChef.com ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. 2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). 3. When you add an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy settings, but your agreement with that application will control how the application can use the content and information you share. 4. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that everyone, including people off of TopChef.com, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.READ MORE