Each serving provides:
Total fat: 1 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 154 mg
Total fiber: 5 mg
Protein: 8 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Potassium: 524 mg
2 cans (16 oz each) great northern beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 0.5 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced, 1 cups onion, coarsely chopped, 2 cups carrots, sliced, 1 cups celery, coarsely chopped, 1 clove garlic, minced, 3 cups tomatoes, fresh, peeled, cut up (or 1 ½ lb canned, whole, cut up)*, 1 teaspoon dried sage, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 0.5 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 pinches black pepper, freshly ground (to taste), 1 bay leaf, crumbled, 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked,
1. Drain beans and reserve liquid. Rinse beans.
2. Heat oil in 6-quart kettle. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
View Details |
A simple yet delicious side that is a favorite at Memorial Day BBQs! Serves 6.
12 ounce corkscrew/spiral pasta, 8 large eggs, 3 cups mozzarella(shredded), 2 tablespoon Parmesan(grated), 1 large bell pepper(chopped), 5 onions(chopped), 2 tablespoon fresh parsely(coarsely chopped), 0.25 cups red wine, 1 teaspoon oregano, 0.5 teaspoon ground pepper,
Boiling pasta in salted water until al dente, strain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, place eggs and cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Cover and th...
Simple and tasty creamy Fettuccine pasta with broccoli and garlic. Serves 2.
4 ounce fettuccine(dry), 1 cups whipping creme, 2 tablespoon butter, 1 ounce tomato sauce, 0.5 teaspoon garlic (fresh and minced), 0.5 cups broccoli florets, 0.25 cups slice mushrooms (fresh"), 1 pinches salt and pepper to taste, 2 tablespoon parmesan(grated),
In large pot, bring water to boil with salt, cook pasta until it’s nearly done. Drain, and return noodles to the pot.
Combine the creme, butter, tomato sauce, garlic, and broc...
9 ounce buitoni refrigerated angel hair pasta prepared according to package directions, 0.75 cups creamy peanut butter, 0.33 cups dark sesame oil, 0.33 cups vegetable oil, 0.25 cups vegetable oil, 3 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey mustard, 2 teaspoon hot chilli oil, 1.5 handfuls cooked diced chicken, 0.75 cups sliced green onions,
COMBINE peanut butter, sesame oil, vegetable oil, orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard and chili oil in small bowl. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper...
Spaghetti Bolognese is a popular italian recipe which is simple to make. Serves 4-6.
3 cups dried spaghetti, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 onion finely chopped, 1 carrot chopped, 1 garlic cloves. crushed, 1 pound minced beef, 0.5 cups red wine, 13 ounce canned tomato, 1 cups beef stock, 2 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 pinches nutmeg, 1 pinches salt and pepper to taste, 1 pinches parmesan cheese shavings,
Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and carrot, until soft and slightly colored. This should only take a few minutes.
Add the garlic and minced beef to the vegetable m...
Extra cheesy macaroni with Parmesan and Cheddar. Serves 10.
16 ounce macaroni, 0.5 cups evaporated milk, 2 eggs, 8 ounce sour cream, 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, 0.5 teaspoon pepper, 1.5 cups Cheddar (grated), 0.5 cups Parmesan (grated), 1 tablespoon butter,
Heat oven to 350 F or 175 C
Boil salted water in a large pot. Cook pasta for ten minutes; drain.
Combine milk, eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add in the cook...
A classic pasta salad with Pepperoni and Provolone. Serves 16.
16 ounce Fusilli, 3 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half), 0.5 pound provolone cheese (cut in cubes), 0.5 pound salami (cut in cubes), 0.25 pound pepperoni (sliced), 1 large chopped green bell pepper, 10 ounce black olives (canned), 4 ounce pimentos (jarred), 8 ounce Italian dressing,
Boil water with a pinch of salt. Cook pasta for ten minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water.
Mix together pasta, tomatoes, cheese, meats, pepper, olives, and...
This macaroni cheese recipe is the ultimate winter comfort food. The pasta is so creamy and delicious. Serves 4.
1 cups macaroni pasta, 2 tablespoon plain all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1.5 cups milk, 0.75 cups cheddar cheese, grated, 2 eggs, hard-boiled and quartered, 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, 0.25 cups of butter,
Heat a large saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni pasta and cook for 12 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
Heat the butter in a large s...
This courgette farfalle recipe (farfalle refers to the type of pasta - shaped like pasta bows) is a great way to use courgettes which we don’t use enough in our diets. It’s a very simple and quick vegetarian dish to prepare. Serves 4.
1 pound courgettes, thinly sliced, 2.75 cups dried farfalle pasta, 1 onion, thinly sliced, 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed, 1 pinches salt and ground black pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 small red chilli (optional),
First cut the courgettes into thin slices and allow them to rest so they sweat. Rinse them well and dry with paper towels. Slice the onions.
Heat oil in a pan and add...
Chicken scampi is the perfect alternative for anyone who doesn't like seafood but loves scampi. It's also a much less expensive choice compared to shrimp scampi, with all the robust flavor of the scampi sauce.
Angel hair pasta goes perfectly with scampi because of it's thinness. Each piece of pasta gets soaked in scampi sauce and doesn't overwhelm the chicken in each bite.
Serve with a nice crusty Italian bread (warmed for a few minutes in the oven) and crisp salad with a light dressing for the perfect Italian style meal that doesn't break your budget.
1.5 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 to 6), cut into cubes, 1 pinches Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , 2 tablespoon unsalted butter , 2 teaspoon minced garlic , 0.25 cups dry white vermouth , 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice , 2 teaspoon finely chopped parsley leaves , 0.25 teaspoon grated lemon zest, 1 hot cooked pasta,
1. Put the chicken on a large pie pan or plate and pat them completely dry with a paper towel. Arrange the chicken so it lays flat and is evenly spaced.
2. Heat a...
A great macaroni salad recipe to serve at any potluck, BBQ, or picnic; this is a classic. With hard-boiled eggs and a whole pound of elbow macaroni it makes enough to satisfy a crowd. The chopped pepper and celery contribute that nice crunch.
The combination of the mayonnaise and yellow mustard give this incredibly tasty macaroni salad the right amount of creaminess without it being too heavy.
If this isn't the recipe you need for your picnic or barbecue, we have 50 more salad recipes for you to choose from. Everything from different versions of potato salad, to fruit salads to coleslaw and salads you may have never heard of but will wow the crowd with. Go to the Salad Recipes section to get those delicious recipes!
1 pound cups uncooked elbow macaroni , 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped, 3 stalks celery, chopped , 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped , 4 real mayonnaise , 3 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard, 0.5 teaspoon salt , 0.25 teaspoon pepper, 0.5 teaspoon onion powder,
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, stir...
This baked rigatoni recipe makes a hearty pasta dish when combined with the sausage and cheese. This is a great pasta recipe if the intended recipient has a large appetite.
1 pound Italian sausage; crumbled, 1 cups milk, 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, 1 jar (28 ounce) Italian style spaghetti sauce, 1 pound Rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained , 2.5 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded , 0.25 cups grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 0.5 teaspoon salt, 0.5 teaspoon pepper, 3 tablespoon dry bread crumbs,
1. In large skillet, brown sausage 5 minutes; drain fat. Add milk and flour; mix well. Add spaghetti sauce, whisk until well blended.
2. Bring to a boil over med...
Looking to dress up the ravioli you have in your freezer tonight?
This ravioli recipe is wonderful, and will definetly do the trick. When you sit down to this great pasta dish with your family, you'll be glad you spent a little extra time to make the broccoli sauce - instead of just the usual shredded parmesan cheese and calling it complete.
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 1 pinches salt and pepper to taste, 0.25 cups dried red pepper flakes, 1 cups heavy cream, 1.5 pound fresh broccoli, 0.75 cups grated Parmesan cheese , 15 ounce package frozen cheese ravioli, cooked,
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper.
2. Saute until garlic is lightly browned, 5-7 mins.
3. Add cream; cook 20 min. to ...
Fusilli, or corkscrew pasta is quick and easy to cook. The broccoli and roasted garlic combine to form a crisp, satisfying pasta dish. This recipe surrounds the tongue in simple flavors and finishes clean. You can't help but enjoy this, especially since it's so quick and easy
4 cups broccoli florets, 8 ounce fusilli (corkscrew pasta), 2 heads roasted garlic, 1 can sliced black olives , (2 1/4 oz), 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 0.75 cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese,
1. Bring 2 1/2 quarts of unsalted water to a boil in a covered 4 1/2-quart or larger Dutch oven or soup pot.
2. Rinse broccol...
This is the perfect lasagna recipe that pleases even the pickiest eaters time after time.
There are so many different types of lasagna recipes as well as many diverse variations of the beloved Italian favorite. The dish did originate in Italy, not the rumored British Isles. The word is derived from the Greek word lasana or lasonon, which refer to the cooking pot rather than the pasta dish we’re all so fond of.
The reason why it’s so popular has to do with the use of cheese, ricotta and mozzarella in this case. The classic trio of garlic, oregano and basil found throughout Italian cuisine and in this lasagna recipe, plays a major role as well. Enjoy
16 pieces (about 16 oz.) lasagna noodles, uncooked, 1 pound ground beef, 1 jar (about 28 oz.) spaghetti sauce, 0.5 cups water, 16 ounce ricotta cheese, 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided, 0.25 cups grated Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoon chopped oregano, 2 teaspoon chopped basil, 1 teaspoon salt, 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder, 0.25 teaspoon ground black pepper,
1. In large skillet, brown meat; drain.
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water; simmer 10 minutes.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Lay fla...
© 2003-2012 TopChef.com Home Community Forum Shop News Contact Us Site Map Login
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with TopChef.com. By using or accessing TopChef.com, you agree to this Statement.
1. Sharing Your Content and Information TopChef.com owns all of the content and information you post on TopChef.com but you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition: 1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with TopChef.com ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. 2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others). 3. When you add an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy settings, but your agreement with that application will control how the application can use the content and information you share. 4. When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that everyone, including people off of TopChef.com, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.READ MORE